When most of the people get sick, then they consume allopathic medicines for relief. These medicines, no doubt provides some respite from the pain, but they do not treat the root cause of the diseases. There can be a chance that an illness might crop up again and you end up wasting a considerable amount of money visiting the allopathic doctor frequently without getting much reprieve from the diseases. People, nowadays, are looking for the economical and zero side effects treatment that improves their overall health. This is where the alternative medicine really proves to be blessing in disguise for the people all around the world, as it improves by quality of life by treating the diseases naturally and making you feel better.
Alternative medicine is essentially an age-old method of treating the pain and diseases of the people that are prevalent around the world for thousands of years. This medicine generally works on the concept of balancing the natural healing power of the individuals that helps in restoring the health. A lot of importance is paid towards providing the pivotal nutritional supplements to the patients along with the sufficient sleep and rest. With the help of certain therapies and techniques, an effort is made to improve body’s immune system and cure various kinds of ailments such as the chronic injuries, sleep disorders, high blood pressure, stress, painful joints, migraine headaches and back and neck pain.
Types of Alternative Medicine Therapies
- Acupressure: It is basically a traditional Chinese medicine that involves treatment of diseases such as stress, joint pain, menstrual cramps, headache, etc. by placing physical pressure on various parts of the body through hands and elbows. It may sound very similar to the acupuncture therapy, but here the usage of needles to alleviate the pain is avoided.
- Acupuncture: In this particular kind of alternative medicine therapy, fine needles are inserted into the different parts of the body to restore health and complete well-being of an individual. The needles stimulate certain points of the body that helps in correcting the imbalances in the flow of energy (Qi).
- Ayurveda: It is one of the oldest and ancient systems of treating ailments. The therapy has its roots in India that involves the right usage of natural herbs as well as the extracts from various medicinal plants for the treatment of illnesses.
- Homeopathy: This system of alternative medicine originated in the year 1796. Here the diseases are treated by giving the small doses of medicines (in the form of tablets) to the patients. The medicines generally involve the usage of the alcohol and various other elements such as zinc, sulphur, phosphate and so on.
- Magnet Therapy: Here, the magnets are applied on the specific parts of the body to provide relief to the people from their pain and ailments such as low back pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, obsessive compulsive disorder, nerve pain, painful menstrual periods, insomnia, multiple sclerosis, foot pain and sports injuries.
- Unani: This kind of medicine originated in Persia (now Iran). It uses the natural medicinal extracts from certain plants and herbs for treating the aliments such as jaundice, sinusitis and leucoderma.
- Yoga: It is one of the ancient systems of curing the diseases through meditation and several body postures. The different body postures help a great deal in healing the mental and physical problems.
Advantages of Alternative Medicine
Alternative Medicine has certainly gathered a lot of prominence over the years as a very cost effective and natural form of treatment over the allopathic medicines. Let us explore some of the prominent advantages of the alternative medicine:
- It is not very costly when compared with the allopathic drugs where people have to shell out an exorbitant amount of money to get the tablets.
- The alternative medicine does not have any kind of the side effect on the human body. The medicines are prepared from the natural extracts of the plants that promote overall wellness and provide quick relief from the pain.
- Patients are provided with the best personalized care. An effort is made by the alternative medicine doctor to spend a brief amount of time with an individual to ascertain the main cause of the problem.
- The doctors devote most of their time in treating the root cause of the diseases rather than just focusing on minimizing the symptoms.